Did you know the last Wednesday of every September is National Women’s Health and Fitness Day? This is a national holiday to raise awareness and focus on the importance of regular exercise and healthy living for women. Here are 5 ways to celebrate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day.
- Try a new exercise. Head to your local gym and try some different exercise classes. Or go on YouTube and see what fun exercise videos you can find. Daily movement is important for overall health and wellness. Switching up your routine can keep it more exciting.
- Consider getting your thyroid checked. This small gland in your neck can cause a variety of health problems if it’s not functioning properly. Talk to your doctor about any symptoms you might be having to see if you should get your thyroid checked.
- Eating some superfoods. Diet can have a big impact on your health. Add some superfoods to your next meal (think: apples, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin, sweet potato, dates, kiwi) to help boost your immune system and keep your heart healthy.
- Stay hydrated. The old adage is make sure you drink eight glasses of water every day. Whether or not that applies to everyone, it is important to stay hydrated. Water is such an important part of staying healthy and ensuring that everything is working properly.
- Preventative health screenings. Talk with your healthcare provider about which routine health screenings you should get and how often. Some important ones you should be doing regularly are breast and cervical exams and screenings.
Here at Mt. Naomi Women’s Health, we know how important health and fitness are to women’s overall wellness. From the first gynecological visit, to menopause care, we offer health services for every woman. Our team will be with you from routine check-ups to major surgeries. Contact us with any questions or to schedule your appointment.
The post 5 Ways to Celebrate National Women’s Health and Fitness Day appeared first on OB-GYN Women’s Centre.